1980s Mod Rallies Cassette Tape 2 – The Lost Tapes Installment 2
After six months exactly, since I published my first article of tape 1 of my 1980s Mod Rally cassette tapes, I have decided to revisit another of those tapes. The tapes I fondly term my “lost tapes” because I had forgotten I still owned them, until I stumbled upon them a couple of years ago. As a result the feedback from the previous article 1980s Mod Rally Cassettes – Tape 1 – 60s Soul, Northern Soul, 60s R&B & Mod Music was wholly positive and one which I know has evoked many good memories for many once, young Mods of the 1980s. This one I shall term my 1980s Mod Rallies cassette Tape 2.
To read the rest of this article you will need to log in.Log In
If you do not have an account with us you can register by clicking on the link below.
Registration on Soul and Mod is free and only takes a minute….
For me personally, these tracks are indicative of not only what was played at that time in the mid to late 1980s on the Mod CCI rallies, allnighters and events. They were also the catalyst that were to lay a firm musical foundation to build upon my love of 60s Soul, Latin Soul & early R&B. A journey I never anticipated beginning all those years ago in the mid 1980s. However one which still continues now 32 years later. Furthermore they remind me of friendships, laughter, a whole host of happy memories and a time of the innocence of my youth. To conclude, I hope that this track listing from my 1980s Mod rallies cassette tape 2, provides exactly this too for those second generation Mods. Dedicated to all those Mods who danced the days & nights away at events up & down the country in the 1980s.
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars – Money (That’s What I Want)
- Jerry O – Dance What Cha Wanna
- Rex Garvin & The Mighty Cravers – Sock It To ‘Em J.B.
- James Brown – I Got You (I Feel Good)
- Robert Parker – The Scratch
- Marvin Gaye – Take This Heart Of Mine
- Slim Harpo – Baby Scratch My Back
- Woody Herman – Sidewinder
- Roy Head – Just A Little Bit
- Little Mac & The Boss Sounds – In The Midnight Hour
- Googie Rene Combo – Smokey Joe’s La La
- Darrow Fletcher – I Gotta Know Why
- The Blendells – La La La La La
- Jimmy Smith – Mission Impossible
- Travis Wammack – Scratchy
- Solomon Burke – Keep Looking
- The Olympics – Good Lovin’
- Jimmy Mcfarland – Lonely Lover
- Ray Barretto – Mercy Mercy Baby
- Ray Barretto – Soul Drummers
- Wynder K. Frog – Green Door
- Marlena Shaw – Let’s Wade In The Water
Updated 5th February 2018
A special thanks to Rob Cox for creating this Mixcloud upload based on the above tape recordings from my second Mod Rally cassette tape.
© 2018, Soul & Mod. All rights reserved.